Chilli Oil BBQ Prawns
Prepare 10 minutes + marinating | Cook 10 minutes | Serves 2
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp MamaLan’s Chilli Oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 – 12 large prawns
- 2 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 30 minutes, best overnight
- Rice or roasted potato chunks
- Shredded coriander
- Red chilli slices
- Lime wedges
- Combine all the prawn ingredients (except prawns and skewers) until salt and sugar have fully dissolved. Marinate for 15 minutes. Add equal number of marinated prawns to each skewer.
- Put the skewers on an outdoor BBQ or cook them in a griddle pan for 3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.
- Serve with rice or potatoes, coriander, chilli and lime wedges.
- Drizzle more MamaLan’s Chilli Oil for a spicier skewer. Delicious.
Use 100-150g tofu, add 1 tsp salt, and follow the rest of the recipe.
Prawns are perfectly cooked when they have turned pale pink with a few darker pink or red streaks.