Chilli Oil Beef Fried Rice
Prepare 15 minutes | Cook 10 minutes | Serves 2
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 200g beef mince
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 300g cooked rice
- 2 tbsp MamaLan’s Chilli Oil + extra for drizzle
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped spring onions
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, stir fry onion, garlic and chilli until softened, for 3 minutes.
- Add beef mince, stir fry for a few seconds, then add light soy sauce, salt, sugar, black pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add red pepper and peas, stir frequently for 2 minutes until beef mince and vegetables are cooked.
- Add rice and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes to ensure rice is heated up thoroughly.
- Add MamaLan’s Chill Oil and toss well to coat ingredients thoroughly. Drizzle with sesame oil just before removing from the heat and stir through.
- Serve with chopped spring onions and extra MamaLan’s Chilli Oil if you like it spicy!
Substitute beef with half an aubergine, cut into 0.5cm cubes.
Long grain rice such as Basmati works best for fried rice dishes.