Sesame Buddha Bowl (VG)
Prepare 10 minutes | Cook 30 minutes | Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in wedges
- 2 small, sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 big handful kale, large stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp MamaLan’s Sweet Sesame Dressing
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F) and arrange sweet potato and red onions on a baking sheet and coat thoroughly with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from oven, add kale leaves, drizzled with olive oil. Bake for another 4-5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, toss chickpeas with all seasonings. In a pan, heat up a tablespoon olive oil over low heat, add seasoned chickpeas and stir frequently. Chickpeas should start to brown after 5 minutes, if not, increase heat to medium. Take it off the heat once brown.
- Serve with MamaLan’s Sweet Sesame Sauce and mixed seeds.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed + patted dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
For non-vegan buddha bowl, add honey roasted chicken pieces.
Try different types of sweet potatoes for a rainbow effect of different colours – a treat for your eyes and your tastebuds.