Sesame Halloumi Wrap (VG)
Prepare 10 minutes | Cook 10 minutes | Serves 2
- 2 wraps, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large flat mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices vegan halloumi cheese
- Roasted red pepper from a jar (optional)
- 2 tbsp MamaLan’s Sweet Sesame Dressing
- A small handful of salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan over low-medium. Add mushrooms and garlic with good pinch of salt and black pepper, cook for 2 minutes on one side, then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside in the corner of the pan.
- In the same pan, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil and fry halloumi cheese until golden brown.
- Assemble pitta: pitta, mushroom, halloumi, peppers, salad, and MamaLan’s Sweet Sesame Dressing.
Non Vegan Alternative
Substitute steak pieces for halloumi and mushrooms.
Pitta bread also works well with this recipe.