Sriracha Chicken & Cheese Toastie
Prepare 10 minutes | Cook 15 minutes | Serves 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra for brushing the bread
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 150g cooked chicken strips
- 2 tbsp MamaLan’s Pineapple Sriracha
- Chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and shallot, fry for 5-6 minutes until they start to caramelise, set aside.
- Brush olive oil on one side of each slice of bread and place two slices in the same pan oil side down.
- On each slice, add 1 cheese slice, then top with the cooked onions, chicken, MamaLan’s Pineapple Sriracha, coriander and the other cheese slice. Followed by the remaining slice of bread, oil side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Use 100g tempeh, cook per instruction. Substitute cheddar for vegan cheese.
Spicy up your sandwich by drizzling extra MamaLan’s Pineapple Sriracha on top once cooked.